July 23, 2015 — The 16th Annual International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), taking place in Denver, Colorado, USA, February 22-24, 2016, has announced a Call for Papers and invites any interested parties to submit their abstracts by September 1, 2015 online here.
Whether supporting highly detailed 3D urban mapping projects, forestry management, or railroad and power transmission line maintenance programs, LiDAR technology delivers the results needed by today’s demanding geospatial and mapping professionals.
We invite abstracts addressing the following topics:
• Data acquisition – Airborne, Terrestrial and Bathymetric LIDAR
• Applications/Integration of LiDAR, photogrammetry, survey data and dense image matching • UAV/UAS developments & applications with a particular focus on precision measurement collection
• LIDAR point clouds & large data sets
• Data fusion and processing technologies
• Engineering collaboration systems and cloud-hosted data management
• Developments in point data classification and GIS modeling
• Trends and new technology development
• Mobile mapping and survey
• Industry issues
• Recent project examples
The ILMF Advisory Board will review each abstract and the final program will be announced in November. Abstracts are encouraged by users of hardware and software, e.g., professionals from government entities, process & power companies and the like. Vendors are welcome to nominate end user customers. Please: no abstracts promoting products for marketing purposes.
The success of ILMF 2015, which saw more than 800 professional attendees from 27 countries, proved once again that LiDAR, in its increasing variety of operational formats either alone or when complementing other technologies, is becoming a critically important technology for fast, accurate and quality geospatial data acquisition. Whether supporting highly detailed 3D urban mapping projects, forestry management, or railroad and power transmission line maintenance programs, LiDAR technology delivers the results needed by today’s demanding geospatial and mapping professionals.
Please submit abstract by September 1 using this form:
If you would like to learn more, please contact Linda McLaughlin, Conference Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 207-842-5674 or go to lidarmap.org/international.