URISA is pleased to share the comprehensive agenda for the 9th URISA Caribbean GIS Conference, taking place November 18-21, 2019 in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Start reviewing the comprehensive workshop and training opportunities, featured speakers, professional development and networking events, and the abundance of concurrent breakout sessions covering important topics including:
• GIS for Resilience and Sustainable Development
• Utilizing Geospatial Techniques to Improve Disaster Response
• Business Efficiency Improvements through Geospatial Information Solutions
• Utilizing Geospatial Tools in Local Area Planning and Citizen Science
• Land Information for Smarter Cities
• Impacts of Disaster and Early Warning
• Developing GIS for Responses to Caribbean Emergencies
• Location Analytics
• … and much more.
Take advantage of additional focused education and attend a workshop (one workshop is included with full registration). Select from these important opportunities
1. Achieving High Accuracy in GIS Mapping with Easy to Use Highly Efficient Mobile Tools
2. GeoSpatial Data Science: A Notebooking Approach for interactive Spatial Data Analysis
3. GIS and Business Value – A Way Forward
4. Hands-on Processing of LiDAR and Photogrammetry Point Clouds
5. Caribbean GIS Mapathon
6. Global Census Solutions
7. Modernizing Land Administration Systems
Peruse the entire #CaribbeanGIS Agenda with details about the presentations, speakers, and proposal submissions and take note of the opportunities to connect with your fellow GIS professionals. We are pleased to announce Allen Carroll, Founder of Story Maps, as our closing keynote speaker and will soon announce our opening keynote speaker (working out schedules). Of course, attendance at the 2019 URISA Caribbean GIS Conference counts toward your GISP certification and renewal.
Register or purchase an exhibit booth by August 31 to take advantage of extreme early bird discounts.
Visit https://www.urisa.org/caribbeangis today!