PR – Research and Markets has announced the addition of “Ecological Modelling: A Common-Sense Approach to Theory and Practice” to their offering. “Ecological Modelling: A Common-Sense Approach to Theory and Practice” explores how simulation modelling and its new ecological applications can offer solutions to complex natural resource management problems. This is a practical guide for students, teachers, and professional ecologists.
- Examines four phases of the modelling process: conceptual model formulation, quantitative model specification, model evaluation, and model use
- Provides useful building blocks for constructing systems simulation models
- Includes a format for reporting the development and use of simulation models
- Offers an integrated systems perspective for students, faculty, and professionals
- Features helpful insights from the author, gained over 30 years of university teaching