PR – CITIES 3.0: Smart, Sustainable, Integrative – Strategies, Concepts and Technologies for Planning the Urban Future will be the topic of REAL CORP 2009 – 14th International Conference on Urban Planning, Regional Development and Information Society in
Sitges (Spain / Catalonia) from 22 – 25 April 2009.
The CALL FOR PAPERS is still open until
* December 15th for reviewed papers (abstract, approx. 1000 characters; full paper until Feb. 15th) and
* January 15th for non-reviewed papers (abstract, approx. 1000 characters; full paper until Feb. 28th),
REAL CORP 2009 asks for FUTURE PERSPECTIVES OF CITIES
and the role of planners in shaping the liveable cities of tomorrow.
The major questions to be dealt with at the conference in April 2009 and related to which we invite your contributions are:
* What makes cities smart, sustainable and integrative – and livable?
* How can cities and regions take advantage of globalisation and keep their local character – how to "gLOCALize"?
* Urban Technologies, Transport Technologies, Environmental Technologies – how about state of the art and perspectives?
* What about "Cities for everybody" with barrier-free access to all facilities – or will there be "specialized cities and areas"?
* How can Real Estate Development and Urban Planning co-operate successfully?
* How can planners help cities find the way to a successful future? What tools and technologies do they have and will they need?
* How can the quality of life be improved?
* How can safety and security be ensured?
* Government, governance, mediation, participation and planning – are there models for short-term and long-term perspectives?
* Are there best practices for "livable cities of tomorrow"?
There will also be a buisness-exhibition and possibilities to present companies and products – if interested have a look at our buisness-folder at
REAL CORP 2009
is a joint event and co-organized by
* CEIT ALANOVA – Central European Institute of Technology, Department for Urbanism, Transport, Environment and Information Society (www.ceit.at),
* CORP association (www.corp.at)
* ISOCARP, the International Society of City and Regional Planners (www.isocarp.org)
and is supported by the City of Sitges (Spain / Catalonia, http://www.sitgestour.com), where the event will be held for the first time.
It would be great to welcome you to Sitges in April 2009 as a speaker or participant.
As usual, complete information and latest news is always available on the website