Vector One —" On the other hand, tightly coupled sensor webs will not only be measuring values, but those measurements will be used for decision making purposes to control other processes."
Spatial Sustain —"Sensor webs add real-time data into decision support systems. The fact that the sensors share and fuse information amongst themselves provides pre-validation for data so that it can be trusted and acted upon immediately."
|- Carbon Calculator for Construction Activities
- Trimble Acquires UtilityCenter Assets from UAI
- Building a Sustainable America - One Step at a Time
- Intermap Technologies Posts Strong 3rd Quarter
- Topcon Releases the GTS - 750
- AED-SICAD GIS Portal on the Move in German Authorities
- Infotech Readies Itself for Offset Opportunities
- Leica Geosystems Extends Sales Capability in Ireland
- 1st GLONASS Presentation in Australia
- Bouldin & Lawson Provide Green Approach with SolidWorks
- GeoPDF Made Available to California Emergency Workers
- Governors Announce Green Computing Initiative
- 5th Ministerial Conf. on the Protection of Forests in Europe
- Latest Figures Show Ordnance Survey Has It Covered
- Holcim Competition for Sustainable Construction Projects
Imagery Provides Compelling Evidence of Human Rights Violations
For many years individual regional organisations have independently created and maintained models of their areas of responsibility in order to support their core activities. Over 90% of data for organisations such as utilities, local government, emergency services and other regional agencies relates to a spatial location, and geographic information systems are now becoming central to most IT infrastructures.
TOP FIVE LINKS OF THE WEEK
Jeff's Top Five Links of the Week:
1) Book: Geospatial Analysis: A Comprehensive Guide to Principles, Techniques and Software Tools
2) Website: Alterra - based in The Netherlands at the Institute for Green Living
3) Website: Teaching Geoscience with Visualizations
4) Online Manual: Marine resource mapping - an introductory manual
5) SensorBase: Publish and share your sensor data with others - Slogging
Matt's Top Five Links of the Week:
1) Geography Action!-- It's Geography Awareness Week, and this site offers tools to increase geographic literacy.
2) Carbon Sequestration Map -- The National Energy Technology Laboratory's map of carbon sequestration field tests.
3) SensorMap -- A platform developed by Microsoft Research to publish and research real-time data from sensors.
4) RottenNeighbor -- A Google Map mashup to share details on your horrible neighbors or wonderful neighborhood.
5) Five Sci-Fi Inventions (That Would Actually Suck) -- A list of science fiction inventions that would be more trouble than they're worth.
Reader´s Links of the Week:
After a very active acquisition streak that saw Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging's acquisition of Acquis, IONIC and ER Mapper, the technologies are coming together and reaching the market in new and interesting ways. Vector1 editor Matt Ball spoke to Milan Stojic, Vice President, Product Management and Marketing, about Leica Geosystems Geospatial Imaging's technology strategy and the future of converged technologies.
- Improving European Business Performance through Biodiversity
- Autodesk University 2007
- AEC-ST Fall