Spatial Sustain Blog —"A central government simply can’t make the investment needed to collect data to a high standard and consistency when there’s so much mapping activity taking place at other levels of government and in the private sector."
Matt Ball, Editor, Americas/Asia-Pacific,
- Wallingford Launches Infornet Exchange
Geographical Perspectives - 3 People - 3 Views
Oregon Implements an Imagery Portal
Jeff's Top Five Links of the Week:
1) Working Paper: 'Digital Urban - The Visual City'
2) Web 2.0 Slideshare: Underground Map
3) Education Project: GEOGDOCS
4) REEFBASE: A Global Information System for Coral Reefs
5) Photosynth on PBS
Matt's Top Five Links of the Week:
1) Bioneers – An annual event in its 18th year that focuses on change makers that are out to make our world a better place
2) Noise Mapping - One of the UK’s leading consultants on urban environmental issues helps cities map noise
3) Gigapan Camera - More than 600 explorable high-resolution panoramas from this camera can be viewed on this site, the panoramas are also being added to Google Earth.
4) World Watch Institute - An interdisciplinary research institute with a global focus on sustainable development.
5) My Wonderful World - A National Geographic-led campaign for geography education.
Reader´s Top Five Links of the Week:
Topcon in Europe has recently undergone a transformation, having reorganized to separate from their eye care business to be fully dedicated on positioning. The new focused positioning business has grown exponentially since then. Vector1 editors sat down with Ewout Korpershoek, director of marketing and sales for Topcon Europe Positioning, to discuss Topcon’s strategy and the evolution of the surveyor’s role.
AUTODESK MAP 3D 2008
AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 is the latest version of the popular engineering GIS program available from Autodesk. This product has been continually refined over the year's with new functionality added each version. This is no exception for 2008 with several new features added to the program that bridge CAD / GIS integration possibilities.
- Concrete Industry Leaders to Define Industry Role in Sustainable Development
|Community Matters 07
Oct. 23-25, Burlington, Vermont
THE 2007 International Geohazards Week
12th Fall Workshop Vision, Modeling, and Visualization