Today TomTom unveils the latest version of its high volume batch geocoding web service launched in April. Geocoding converts addresses into geographic coordinates to enable rich location analysis. With this upgrade, the TomTom Global Geocoder extends our ability to help businesses make smart decisions.
“The TomTom Global Geocoder delivers the high performance that enterprise customers demand,” said Dan Adams, Vice President, Location and Live Services at TomTom. “Our geocoding service is capable of returning hundreds of thousands of records an hour, delivering highly precise results with the single click of a button. TomTom will offer this service anywhere we have a map.”
The TomTom Global Geocoder upgrade offers the following new benefits:
• Growing international coverage, with addition of South Africa, enables high volume, fast batch geocoding for more than 100 countries, and house number matching for more than 50 countries;
• Improved address matching globally delivers high precision results with the following address point and house number match rates:
o 98.8% in Germany
o 97.8% in the United States
o 97.6% in France
o 95.8% in Greece
o 89.6% for Singapore & Taiwan;
• A link through ArcGIS Online provides the Esri community with easy access to the web service;
• 2010 US Census Data is returned with matched results for addressing with the 50 US states plus Puerto Rico, enabling customers to use the corresponding demographic information to perform detailed market analysis or further business intelligence analyses;
• Address cleansing for North America increases match rates and reduces ambiguity of matches.
Visit TomTom at the Esri User Conference booth #1217 to learn more about the TomTom Global Geocoder, as well as other products.