PR - Sensor Service Architecture (SensorSA) developed by SANY IP (www.sany-ip.eu) allows building of complete Environmental Monitoring Networks (EMNs) from standard-compliant components. On February 11th – 12th February 2009, SANY IP will organise a hands-on training for developers and service providers of in-situ Environmental Monitoring Networks.
The training will concentrate on following topics and questions:
* What is SensorSA, and how is the relationship to OGC Sensor Web Enablement?
* (How) can OGC SWE services be used in INSPIRE context?
* Which SensorSA compliant client applications already exist?
* Discovery of resources (services and data) in a SensorSA compliant network.
* Modelling of sensor related measurements and meta-information using SensorML and O&M.
* Integrating sensors and other sensor-like data sources into SensorSA network.
* How can I extract data from SOS services and use it in my own applications?
* How can I optimize the data flow and improve quality of service in SensorSA compliant networks?
* Which security mechanisms are foreseen in SensorSA, and how to use them?
Full training program will be announced in December 2008.
Training participation is free of charge within a limit of available places on a "first come first served" basis. Please follow the link below to register.
Registration: Per FAX
Venue:ZAMG, Hohe Warte 38, 1190 Vienna, Austria
This event is founded by the Information Society and Media DG of the European Commission within the RTD activities of the Thematic Priority Information Society Technologies.
The training facilities are provided by Austria's national weather service agency (ZAMG).
Most of the software used on this training event is available as open source either from 52o north, or from the SANY consortium. Workshop participants will be given a chance to get a hands-on experience with the software during the workshop, and to continue experimenting with it at home. Please bring a laptop with you.